This service is primarily aimed at the over 50’s, however younger clients can also self-refer.
Abdomen and Renal Tract Ultrasound
A detailed ultrasound examination of the Liver, Kidneys, Spleen, Pancreas, Aorta, Gallbladder, Common Bile Duct, Portal Vein, and Urinary Bladder, including bladder function. (In the case of men, the Prostate volume is also measured).
Carotid Artery Ultrasound
A thorough examination of the Common, Internal, External Carotid & Vertebral arteries, using Greyscale, Colour & Pulsed Wave Doppler ultrasound.
A detailed ultrasound report by a highly experienced Sonographer within 24 hours of your scan, including a copy of your scan images.
What can ultrasound detect?
Ultrasound is an excellent & safe diagnostic examination, capable of identifying many diseases and disorders.
Don't sit and suffer - call us on 01949 21354. Your call will be treated in confidence and we might even be able to fit you in today. Alternatively use our contact form.
An Abdomen & Renal tract examination may detect:
- Gallstones, polyps & cholecystitis (inflammation).
- Kidney stones, obstruction, cysts & tumours.
- Pancreatitis & Pancreatic tumours.
- Abdominal Aortic aneurysms.
- Liver pathologies, including tumours, cysts hepatomegaly (enlarged liver) and steatosis (fatty changes).
- Splenic tumours and Splenomegaly (enlargement).
- Urinary bladder tumours, inflammation and assess the bladder function by measuring capacity both pre and post micturition.
- Enlargement of the Prostate gland.
For Carotid artery assessment, ultrasound can:
- Measure the speed & direction of blood flow in the carotid arteries.
- Assess for vessel narrowing.
- Characterisation of any plaque deposits by composition and assessment of plaque stability.
- Ultrasound provides risk assessment for certain types of strokes and Transient Ischaemic Attacks (TIA’s) by calculating various velocity ratios.
- By measuring the inner lining of the Carotid arteries, ultrasound can also assess for the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Preparation for your scan
For Abdomen and Aorta scans we require patients to be nil by mouth 6 hours prior to their scan appointment. This helps us to visualise your organs more clearly.
For Renal tract scans, patients need to drink 2 pints of water, 1 hour before the scan. This enables us to visualise your bladder in clearer detail.
Our Sonographer is always on hand to discuss your ultrasound questions, & ensure you receive the appropriate imaging exam for your condition.
Who will carry out my Scan?
Our Advanced Practice Sonographer is Spencer Laver. He is a highly experienced practitioner with over 26 years in the NHS and Private Practice. He has additional specialist qualifications in MSK Ultrasound and is CQC & HCPC Registered. He holds a weekly ultrasound session at our Sports Injury Clinic in Woodthorpe, meaning scans will be performed with minimal waiting times.
How much does it cost?
Only £250 for a large quantity of scans within a 1 hour appointment, including a detailed report sent within 24hrs. There will be an option for a blood test, provided by Medichecks, and Spencer can discuss this with you during your appointment.
Available at The Nottingham Sports Injury Clinic in Woodthorpe
This service is available at The Nottingham Sports Injury Clinic and you can book this using their online booking system or by calling 0115 960 9553. You can self refer so you don’t need a referral from your Doctor. If you are unsure if an ultrasound is suitable for your complaint then please contact Spencer on email@example.com